Movies like Psycho and Dial 'M' For Murder tend to cause vindictive grimaces, however, the stage-parody of Hitchcock's The 39 Steps is said to be one of Broadway's funniest productions. The 39 Steps will open on June 1 at EMU Theatre so we thought we'd give you some Fun Facts about Hitchcock to show you Hitchcock can be pleasant!
- Alfred Hitchcock cast his daughter Patricia in the part of Caroline, Janet Leigh's co-worker in Psycho.
- Alfred Hitchcock was honored with a U. S. Postage stamp in 1998.
- When Hitchcock was filming The 39 Steps he handcuffed the lead actor and actress Madeleine Carroll and Robert Donat and pretended to lose the key.
- Hitchcock never won an Academy Award for Best Director.
- Sir Anthony Hopkins is set to play Hitchcock in a new biographical drama about the life of one of the most influential film artists of all time. (Release date has yet to be announced.)
|Hopkins as Hitchcock|