Monday, June 20, 2016

Welcome to EMU Theatre Rebekah Preiss!

      Meet one of our newest EMU Theatre students
Rebekah Preiss!
    Rebekah Preiss is a recent graduate of Lutheran High School Westland and she'll be attending EMU this fall! She stopped by our office for some summer advising, so naturally we decided to interview her to get to know her a little better. 

   Rebekah will be majoring in Theatre Arts with a musical theatre minor. She decided to come to EMU because, "A lot of my friends were going here and I had also done solo and ensemble for MSVMA (Michigan School Vocal Music Association) here. I went to Drama Day last year and saw Little Shop of Horrors and got to chat with the cast afterward. I really like it here and I got a good vibe from everyone here-not too big and not too small, and the campus is beautiful!" The dance workshop led by our Musical Theatre professor Phil Simmons was her favorite workshop at Drama Day, "Usually I get nervous around groups that I don’t know very well, but I felt so comfortable there.
   She decided to pursue theatre in college because, "I enjoyed doing it in high school. At first I wanted to be a vet, but then I decided against it. I’m really good at this singing and acting thing so I said ‘let’s do it!' I just really enjoy doing this." Rebekah hasn't always been interested in theatre though, "I used to be shy so I hated theatre. I was afraid of making mistakes, but doing theatre made me realize that when you make a mistake it’s okay." Rebekah's favorite show is The Music Man. Her favorite show that she's been a part of is Footloose, which she is rehearsing right now with the Players Guild of Dearborn.  
  When asked what she is most looking forward to in college she said, “Lots of new faces, new people, independence and being responsible. Getting to walk around campus and seeing different people and trying new things every day.” We can't wait to see you in the fall Rebekah! 

 



   





No comments:

Post a Comment