Friday, July 15, 2016

Welcome to EMU Theatre Molly Price!

  Meet one of our newest EMU Theatre students
Molly Price!

    Molly Price is  a recent graduate of Whitmer High School in Toledo, Ohio and she'll be attending EMU this fall! She'll be majoring in Communications and double minoring in Musical Theatre and Theatre Arts! When asked what she was most looking forward to when it comes to starting college she said, "I am looking forward to making new friends and expanding my education! "

   Molly visited EMU her freshman year of high school and it seems like the rest was history, "I love the atmosphere, the campus, the people, and of course the beautiful building that is Quirk!" She's also already gotten her feet wet in EMU Theatre by attending one of our scholarship auditions, "I loved meeting the other future EMU theatre students as well as the amazing professors!"

   "The thing I like most about theatre is the feeling you get when you perform," Molly's love for performing is inspired by being in front of an audience. She said, "I love being able to take people away from the real world for a couple hours and showing them a new reality. In the words of Lady Gaga- 'I live for the applause, applause, applause.' The feeling you get when you're performing is like none other. And it's the best adrenaline rush you can experience."

Her favorite show is The Rocky Horror Picture Show, "I mean, cmon. Tim Curry in high heels. What more can I say?" Nice choice Molly, we have to agree with you on those heels! Her favorite show that she's done was Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella where she played the title role. "It was seriously the best experience of my life and that show proved to me that dreams really do come true. I can't wait to see what dreams come true for me at EMU and in my future career in theatre!" We can't wait to see what EMU has in store for you either Molly! Have a wonderful rest of your summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment